Eons ago (yeah, I’m that old) my sister and I saw this card that said, “Happy Easter. Happy Spring. Happy Happy Everything!” We joked about it and remembered it. But I have to say – now even years later I still really believe that that statement could not be more true! My family likes to be outside finally in the spring weather. Usually one of the best ways to enjoy that is EASTER EGG Hunts! We have rounded up a bunch for you (most of which are FREE). Nearly every park from North to South will have some sort of hunt.
Friday, March 25
- Outlets at Castle Rock Easter Bunny Breakfast, Enjoy pancakes with the Easter Bunny in the food court at the Outlets at Castle Rock (5050 Factory Shops Blvd., Castle Rock) from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. FREE
- Evergreen Park & Recreation District Easter Egg Hunt, Ever hunted eggs in a pool? Come the to the Buchanan Pool (32003 Ellingwood Tr., Evergreen) 5:30 p.m. Collect eggs in the pool and exchange them for candy and prizes. Start times are slightly different by age – ages 1 to 3 start at 5:30 p.m. (parent must be in the pool with the kids), 4 to 6 start at 5:45 p.m.(parents in the pool is optional) and ages 7+ start at 6 p.m
Saturday, March 26
- Mile High Flea Market Easter Egg Hunt, The bunny has been busy hiding eggs all over the Mile High Flea Market (7007 East 88th Ave, Denver) Registration starts at 9 a.m. The hunt begins at 10:45 a.m. Lots of candy and prizes. Kids 12 and under are FREE and can participate in the hunt. While you’re there get a FREE photos with the Easter Bunny. Admission $3/adults, kids under 12 FREE. Admission gives you access to acres of shopping, foods and rides.
- Arvada Area Easter Eggstravaganza,come enjoy over 3,000 eggs and photos with the Easter Bunny! Free. Candelas – hunt at Maverick Mesa Park (9371 McIntyre Street).
- Hyland Hills Easter Egg Hunt,Caroll Butts Park, (W 94th Ave & Perry Street, Westminster). Ages 8 and under. Bring your basket. Hunt starts at 10 a.m.
- Sheridan Recreation Center (3325 W Oxford Ave) Event starts at 1:30 p.m. (actual start times vary by age). After the egg hunt participate in crafts and fun. No registration necessary.
- Family Sports Egg Scramble. Ready, set, go! The field inside theFamily Sports Dome will be covered with colorful eggs for kids to collect. Each age group will have a chance to search the course first start time is 8:30 a.m. After the hunt play on inflatables and fitness van activities.
- Children’s Museum of Denver. Jump, hop and bounce from one station to the next at the spring extravaganza! Bunny Trail is filled with all kinds of blossoming fun, springtime art projects, tasty treats and visits with the bunny, Truffles. Festivities begin at 10 a.m.
- CHUN Community Easter Egg Hunt. 1 p.m. at the Tears-McFarlane House (1290 Williams Street). Hunt eggs, win prizes, and play games.
- Hippity Hop Easter Trot 5K/10K, Egg Hunt and FREE Kids Cottontail Fun Run, 9 a.m. Some kids may choose to take a real run…instead of running for eggs…the Cottontail Fun Run may be the best bet. And it’s FREE just make sure to register them beforehand so they can get an official race bib.
- Prospect Rec & Park District Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m (they recommend you get there early). Tons of eggs and the Easter Bunny will make his appearance at Maple Grove Park (14600 West 32nd. Ave., Golden).
- Golden Family Easter, enjoy hunting eggs with the whole family in Golden! The hunt starts at 10 a.m. (Get there early). Brightly-colored eggs galore! Parfet Park (10th St. and Washington Ave).
- Platt Park, 10 a.m. Find a golden egg and get a prize. Pastries & coffee, too. 1501 S. Logan St., Denver.
- Highlands Ranch Community Easter Egg Hunt, Northridge Recreation Center in Highlands Ranch will start the egg hunt for kids to 11 year old at 10 a.m. (Get there early). You can also meet the Easter Bunny. The event is outside – rain, snow or shine.
- Jared’s Nursery Gift & Garden Egg Hunt, THOUSANDS of eggs will be available at Jared’s (10500 W. Bowles Ave, Littleton) starting at 10 a.m. Start times vary by age.
- Legacy Chapel Egg Hunt. Legacy Chapel will take over Civic Green Park in Highlands Ranch for a fun egg hunt, lunch, games and more. Register by 11 a.m.
- North Metro Church Egg Hunt, Egg hunt is for toddlers through 5th grade kids. Come to the auditorium so that your kid can hunt with their age group. The hunt will take place between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. There will also be a special interactive presentation from Hoops of Hope. (12505 Colorado Blvd., Thornton).
- Wilmore Outdoor Living Center Egg Hunt, Children 10 and younger can hunt for eggs starting at 11 a.m. filled with candy. Come early so kids can line up by age group (711 E. County Line Rd., Littleton)
- Broomfield Eggstravaganza! 11:30 a.m. March with the Easter Bunny in front of the Bay to John Shaw Field at Broomfield Community Park. After the march, children age 8 and under participate in the Egg Scramble which starts at noon sharp! Children will be divided by age group. (In case of bad weather the hunt is held at Broomfield Community Center). Second Ave. & Main St., Broomfield, 303-464-5501.
- The Gardens On Havana Hippity-Hoppity Easter Egg Hunt, Kids can collect one egg at each of 20+ participating merchants from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Eggs contain candy, prizes, coupons and even cash! Participating merchants will have a brightly-colored flyer on their front door. Southeast corner of Mississippi & Havana, Aurora.
- Ridgeline Community Church’s Annual Eggstravaganza, There will be a giant egg hunt, crafts, games, and an interactive story. Festivities will be 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (555 Heritage Ave, Castle Rock).
- Glendale Easter Eggstravganza, Egg hunt at Infinity Park Sports Field (4599 E Tennessee Ave, Glendale) starts at 2 p.m. There will be three special prize eggs! Take pictures with the Easter Bunny.
OUT OF TOWN/IN THE MOUNTAINS
- World’s Largest Easter Egg Hunt (65,000 eggs!) at Copper Mountain, on Sunday, March 27 starting at 8:30 a.m. There are different hunts for kids of all ages, and the first 400 kids to recycle their eggs will receive a prize! In addition the hunt there are other fun activities and events.
- Beach ‘N Egg Hunt at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Fun for kids that ski and those that don’t! Meet at the bottom of Molly Hogan, at 10:30 a.m. where the Easter Bunny will be hiding a Golden Egg. Two Golden Egg Prizes include a Child’s 2016-2017 Season Pass or a ½ day lesson!!!
- Golden Bunny Classic Candy Hunt and Fun Race at Winter Park. Winter Park has a fun Egg Hunt planned! The hunt starts at 11 a.m. and the Golden Bunny Ski Race registration starts at 8:30 a.m. Skiers ages 10 and under with a valid lift ticket can hunt for Easter candy on the slopes. Non-skiers under 5 can hunt at the base of the mountain. Kids ages 1-10 print, color and bring your coloring pages to be entered to win prizes.