I am going to be a home owner! I just learned that I won the bid on a HUD home. I have to say I love the term “won bid.” It makes me giggle a little – a little like I won the lotto or something (which I also played this week since I had a pretty fantastic week). Owning a house also scares me. I am a deals blogger so I will be looking to do all kinds of updates on this house – all within a pretty tight budget. I have become obsessed with HGTV and DIY shows. I keep checking prices of updates on HomeAdvisor.com. They have this fancy cost estimator.
- Denver is leading the way to encourage our kids to enjoy the arts. Now, the Clyfford Still Museum joins the Denver Art Museum and Museum of Contemporary Art Denver by admitting visitors 17 and younger for FREE. Clyfford Still was among the first generation of Abstract Expressionists who developed a new, powerful approach to painting in the years immediately following World War II and the museum is home to about 3,125 works. Adults cost $10 but Friday evenings from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. are FREE.
- Denver Children’s Museum is Free Tuesday, September 1 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. ‘
- Molly Brown House is Free on Tuesday, September 1
- Denver Art Museum is Free on Saturday, September 5. Free for kids 17 and under all the time but on the first Saturday of every month, parents can come free too!
- Denver Firefighter’s Museum offers a free day for Grandparents to bring their grandkids on Saturday, Sept 5
- Butterfly Pavillion is offering another $5 day on Sept 9. (Admission is just $5, Kids 1 and under are free).
Denver Theater. They are doubling their reduced-price ticket program to provide access to even more people and more shows — even occasional Cabaret and Broadway productions! Plus, you can now order online as well as in person and by phone. Tickets cost $10.00 EACH (with additional $1.50 service fee per ticket). Limit of 4 tickets per production. Some of the shows currently available are LookingGlass Alice (which I’m excited to take my kids to), As You Like It, Tribes, A Christmas Carol, The Nest, All The Way, Fade, Sweeney Todd, The SantaLand Diaries. Each has a specific on-sale date.
Free Women’s Vitality Event. On September 19 from noon-4 p.m., come to Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy in Greenwood Village for personalized health and wellness solutions. Enjoy free mini-facials and makeovers, free product samples and save up to $20 with in-store coupons! http://www.pharmaca.com/womens-health.aspx
Free Outdoors Movies and Concerts. Denver is chock-full of great, talented musicians that play around town for free – and what is better than a movie outdoors on a cool summer night among about 500 of your closest friends? Don’t miss our round-up of free outdoor movies and concerts this summer. Several of these are wrapping up after this weekend.
Free Denver Walking Tours Denver parents, kiddos, and visitors alike will be able to see and experience downtown Denver in a new way. They’ll be able to take advantage of Denver Free Walking Tours’ new two hour daily tours that leave at 10 a.m. daily, starting in Civic Center Park, then wind through downtown past more than a dozen of Denver’s distinctive landmarks, and end in front of Coors Field. No reservations needed and tours are every day – rain, snow, or shine. There’s no up-front cost for this fun, educational opportunity for kids and parents but tipping is strongly recommended. If you’d like a tour specifically geared to your kids, Denver Walking Tours offers group tours for a nominal charge so grab your friends for a fun day of learning this summer!
*This post is also located at MileHighMamas.com
Email me if you know of any great Denver deals!
If you’re on Twitter follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.
Kids Eat Free Mile High Mamas has rounded up a huge listing of local restaurants where kids eat free or for a discount with a paying adult.