I have to say I was a little disappointed by the ads in the Super Bowl this year. My daughter and I usually watch just for the commercials and half time show. While I sit on the couch with my son to actually watch the game (which he miraculously called at 10 am as a 28-24 score in favor of the Patriots). Although there was one great one about what it’s like to do things as a girl. It was a great message for her.
Free Days. The venues below have free general admission. Special exhibits may have an additional cost.
- Tuesday, February 3 – Botanic Gardens at Chatfield and Children’s Museum of Denver (4 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Friday, February 6 – Denver Zoo and Four Mile Historic Park
- Saturday, February 7 – Denver Art Museum and Denver Zoo
Denver Museum of Nature & Science Girl’s Day. Saturday, February 7 the Denver Museum of Nature & Science celebrate girls in science with a special event. Meet women scientists and experience the many diverse opportunities a future in science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
McDonalds Lovin’. McDonalds announced via commercial during the superbowl that McDonalds will be randomly selecting guests to pay for their food with high fives, hugs, dancing and calling home to mom. (I guess I’ll know what’s happening if my son calls me and says he loves me unprompted).
Chick-Fil-A Coffee. Chick Fil A invites you to Come in anytime between February 2 – 28 for a complimentary 12-oz Hot Coffee or 16-oz Iced Coffee all day, everyday.
Yogurtland. Yogurtland celebrates Free Yogurt Day with free yogurt along with toppings on Monday, February 2 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
I Heart Free Fridays in Cherry Creek North. Cherry Creek North has some fun and FREE things planned over the next couple Fridays including:
- NFL player Zane Beadles Visits: Former Offensive Lineman for the Denver Broncos [currently with Jacksonville Jaguars] on Mon., February 9th 11am-noon, Zane Beadles will visit the Library to create Valentine cards, decorate Valentine cookies, and read a story for children. See attached flyer for details.
- Valentine’s Day heART walk: Sat., Feb. 14th 20 local artisans and Cherry Creek North galleries will host an art walk starting at noon. Lovers can sip, stroll, and see the art throughout Cherry Creek North. Complimentary heart healthy red wine and walking guide provided.
Lift Ticket Deals. When you visit a Smashburger purchase an Entrée and a Drink get a two-for-one certificate for Winter Park. Fill up (10 gallons or more) at a Shell gas station you can get a coupon good for a buy one get one free ticket at Winter Park, Copper, Loveland and more. Liftopia has some of the best deals for skiing on Super Bowl Sunday! Plus, since most of the lifts stop at 4 p.m. you can make it back in time for the big game.
Email me if you know of any great Denver deals!
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
If you’re on Twitter follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.
Kids Eat Free Mile High Mamas has rounded up a huge listing of local restaurants where kids eat free or for a discount with a paying adult.